Seeking Video Producer
Mint Press is seeking an experienced freelance video producer/editor familiar with all aspects of nonfiction video production and has a track record of producing creative videos for the web and news industry. This producer will work primarily with the editor- in — chief on a new video series that explores important news topics through an investigative lens. This person will be responsible for all aspects of video production including shooting, editing, creative graphics & visuals, and some research. The producer will report to the editor in chief who will also be the host of this video series. This position begins in April 2015 and is for our Minneapolis, MN newsroom.
- Researching topic at hand
- Planning, shooting, and editing episodes
- Graphics & visual production for each show
Qualifications Of The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years of professional experience in journalistic/documentary video production
- Experience with industry-standard software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.), DSLR video workflow, and streaming services (e.g. Brightcove).
- A track record of success creating compelling video for the web
- The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A deep knowledge of online video platforms
- A creative, innovative sensibility and high editorial standards
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and example of production work to [email protected] .